By now, you’re probably all too familiar with back pain. And you’re not alone. Chronic lower back pain is a problem for many women, especially for those of us with lifestyle and anatomical risk factors. Understanding the nature of your problem is the first step toward healing.
Whether you need a consultation, are considering surgery or just have a question, we can help.
- Get connected with a Sutter back expert
- See a list of our back and spine specialists
- Have a back pain question? Ask our experts!
Although symptoms often look the same, the cause of back pain varies from individual to individual.
- Need to see a doctor about your back? Take our quiz
- Common causes of back pain
- Understanding your symptoms
- Is spinal stenosis causing your pain | Video
Back pain shouldn’t be a way of life. Here’s what you need to know about self-care.
- Back pain self-care, treatment
- Stretches for your lower back
- Back-strengthening exercises
- Caring for a bad back
New research points to the benefit of back pain surgery sooner rather than later in life.
- X-stop surgery | Video
- Lumbar stenosis surgery | Video
- Back surgery considerations
Information brought to you by Sutter Health’s back pain experts in San Francisco, Sacramento and other Northern California communities.