By now, you’re probably all too familiar with back pain. And you’re not alone. Chronic lower back pain is a problem for many women, especially for those of us with lifestyle and anatomical risk factors. Understanding the nature of your problem is the first step toward healing.
Although symptoms often look the same, the cause of back pain varies from individual to individual.
- Need to see a doctor about your back? Take our quiz
- Common causes of back pain
- Understanding your symptoms
- Is spinal stenosis causing your pain | Video
Back pain shouldn’t be a way of life. Here’s what you need to know about self-care.
- Back pain self-care, treatment
- Stretches for your lower back
- Back-strengthening exercises
- Caring for a bad back
New research points to the benefit of back pain surgery sooner rather than later in life.
- X-stop surgery | Video
- Lumbar stenosis surgery | Video
- Back surgery considerations
Information brought to you by Sutter Health’s back pain experts in San Francisco, Sacramento and other Northern California communities.